Well, Friday's relief and joy were shortlived. I've been feeling a lot more activity over the last few days. The contractions are coming more often and seem to be more intense. I finally caved and called the doctor. Of course, they sent me to the hospital. We got here last night (Tuesday) at about 5:30 and stayed in triage for quite a while. Two Terbutaline shots and an I.V. later, they finally sent me to a room in Labor and Delivery. It's all a blur from there, but we were there for quite a while. I think it was a few hours later before we were taken to another room to spend the night. We didn't get to sleep until 1:30 a.m. or so. Just a bad night overall. We're here for awhile, at least. We still don't know if it's for days or weeks, but I'm thinking weeks. So thus begins another journey for us.
We had an ultrasound this morning just to see how things are holding up. Well, I've still got about 1 centimeter left, but that's it. It's discouraging and frustrating to me to keep having things getting worse. The doctors try to be encouraging, but I'm scared these babies are coming too soon. Fighting the fear and anxiety is beginning to get difficult. I'm really trying, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment